Monday, November 12, 2007

Thought from Amy

Thank-you so much, Amy, for sending this in...Sorry, I didn't put it up sooner...Samantha only sent it on to me this morning. Thanks again!


Just a thought from Sarah Jane. (Amy)
“From Voice of the Martyrs:
Around the world today Christians are being persecuted for their faith. More than 70 million Christians have been martyred for their faith since 33 AD. This year an estimated 160,000 believers will die at the hands of their oppressors and over 200 million will be persecuted, arrested, tortured, beaten or jailed. In many nations it is illegal to own a Bible, share your faith, change your faith or allow children under 18 to attend a religious service.”

As today is International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church, this quote from the voice of the martyrs appeared in our churches bulletin this morning.
Things like this often set me thinking about how fortunate we are to live in a country where we can worship God freely. It makes me think about how ungrateful I am, and makes me think how I complain so much about things, when I have SO MUCH!

Just think, we complain that we don’t like dinner, when some people don’t have ANYTHING to eat! We complain because we are to cold, when some people are freezing to death! We complain because we don’t like the color of our clothes, when some people wear rags in winter. We complain, and complain, and complain! I don’t think that most people today really realize how fortunate they are!

· Philippians 4:11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

· Philippians 4:12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

1 Timothy 6:6But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 6:8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

· Hebrews 13:5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Colossians 2:7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Colossians 3:15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Colossians 4:2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Hebrews 12:28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,

Just think about it…

1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

Thank you for allowing us to send you things to put up on here! :-)
Love, Amy :O)